GET RID OF HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SAFELY AND EASILY.
Rain or shine!
See list below of common Household Hazardous Waste items and bring to the Streets Department Northeast Facility at 3901 Delaware Avenue between Castor & Lewis. Call 215-686-5560 or 311, or visit PhiladelphiaStreets.com for additional information.
If you’re wondering if you can bring a product to dispose of at this event, simply check product labels for any of these key words:
- TOXIC – Causes health problems to humans and wildlife, such as pesticides, antifreeze.
- FLAMMABLE – Ignites or catches fire easily, such as gasoline, paint thinner.
- CORROSIVE – Eats away at other materials, such as strong acids, drain cleaner.
- REACTIVE – Reacts violently with water, other chemicals, air or is shock sensitive, such as chlorine bleach, pool cleaner.
View event flyer for full list of household hazardous waste materials accepted at this event: 23645pro_Hazardous-Waste-Flyer-5x9_Nov2_alt
OLD COMPUTERS, MONITORS & TVs are NOT accepted at this event, but can easily be dropped off at one of the following Sanitation Convenience Centers, open Monday through Saturday, 8am to 6pm.:
- Domino Ln. & Umbria St.
- 3033 S. 63rd St. (NW of Passyunk Ave.)
- State Rd. & Ashburner St.
- 2601 W. Glenwood Ave.
- 3901 Delaware Ave.
PHILADELPHIA RECYCLING REWARDS AND RECYCLEBANK ARE NOW PHILACYCLE! This new program offers Philly residents the chance to get rewarded for cutting down on waste, learning online, and getting involved in the community. To earn points for participating in the HHW event, download the Recyclebank app and then click Check In For Points on the app when you are at the event.