Join us for our largest Students for Zero Waste Conference yet on Friday, October 11 to Sunday October, 13, 2019! We are mixing things up this year with an UNconference session on friday night, student-led workshops, hands-on activity sessions, affinity group meet-ups, and panels on saturday, and a variety of field trip options on sunday.
The 6th Annual Students for Zero Waste Conference (SZW19) will bring together 600 students, staff, industry innovators, activists, and community members from across the country in Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania on Friday, October 11 to Sunday October, 13, 2019! The three day event includes student-led workshops, professional trainings, hands-on activity sessions, affinity group meet-ups, and panels covering topics related to waste and environmental justice.
- Friday (evening) – Participant-driven UNCONFERENCE in the evening. Location: TBA
- Saturday (all day) – In-depth workshops and panel sessions all day (breakfast and lunch provided). Location: Houston Hall, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
- Sunday (morning) – Choose one 2+ hour training or field trip (additional RSVP required). Locations vary by activity throughout the Philadelphia area. More details to come soon.
This schedule is subject to change. To stay up to date as Sunday events are announced, follow our Facebook Event Page (respond as “Attending!”) and conference webpage.
Choosing the right ticket for you:
- To help make this conference as accessible as possible, we offer several discounted registration options to accommodate different financial situations. The full cost for a conference ticket is $200, but if this is not feasible for you or your campus/organization, you are welcome to register at one of our reduced rates.
**Early bird pricing ends Friday September 13 (11:59 PM eastern time), after which the baseline ticket price increases to $40.
- Limited travel scholarships and subsidized housing is available. Housing information will be released in the coming months. To request travel scholarships, apply here. The priority deadline is Friday August 2nd (apply by this date for the highest change of receiving funding). The final application deadline is Friday September 13th, after which all remaining travel funding will be distributed!
- No one will be turned away for lack of funds. If after reviewing the discounted options, conference registration still poses a financial barrier, please email email@example.com to discuss scholarship options.
- Consider donating to our Movement Building Fund to support subsidized conference registrations and travel scholarships. If you have additional funding in your budget, or available to you from your organization, please donate here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice with customized ticket prices.